Goodness, it's been a while since I blogged! I've been pretty much working my ass off since returning back to work after the holidays. I found myself catching up on your all blogs instead of blogging myself - I guess I got a bit lazy during January and I can't believe it's now February!
In 2012 I set myself a 'No Buy' Challenge as I felt my collection was starting to get excessive (probably not that excessive compared to some beauty gurus out there) but I needed to save money to move out so that gave me motivation.
I blogged about every new product I bought in the last year so I had a look back to see what I had purchased. First things first, the no buy target was hard at first and while I didn't buy nothing, I didn't feel like I spent my money carelessly. I only bought products I really really wanted or needed. To recap:
Benefit Powda WOWza £13
Botanics Eye Makeup Remover x3 £6.10
Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers £14
Roc Wrinkle Correction Serum £20
Avalon Organics Vitamin C Serum £7.99
Simple Eye Makeup Corrector Pen £4.99
Revlon Lip Butter x3 at £7.99 each
La Roche Posay Hydraphase Intense Eyes £14.50
Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturising Lotion £7.15
OPI Nail Envy £9.50
Simple Moisturiser x2 at £2 each
Loreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara £10.99
Loreal Lash Architect 4D Mascara £10.99
Clinique Moisturiser and Turnaround Face Mask £29.50 and £33
Aloe Vera Gel £5.99
Loreal Superliners x5 at £6.49 each
Avene Skincare £13.50 and £12.50
La Roche Posay Active C £10
MAC Holiday Collection Divine Desire £45
Grand total of £341.33. This is a rough estimate as I'm sure I bought a few essentials here and there as well. But overall not bad (I think) though I have nothing to compare this to. This year I shall do empties posts to keep a record of what I use up. Maybe these posts won't be interesting to read but will allow me to keep a record. Let me know if you are doing empties!
- Loreal Eye Makeup remover which I use daily since I wear waterproof mascara almost everyday so I go through these often. It does leave an oily residue but I wash my face after anyway so it doesn't bother me.
- Boots Simple Sensitive Toner - This was cheap (around £2) and I did not think this benefited my skin at all! It took me ages to finish this and did not feel like it did anything so I'm glad to get rid of that
- Garnier Eye Roll On - the sticker peeled off ages and this took forever to finish even though I used it every evening! It was ok while it lasted but I don't think I'll purchase it again.
- Aveeno Body Moisturiser - I've got a few of these and they are great especially if you suffer from dry skin. It applies smoothly, dries quickly without leaving greasy residue. I cut the top off to get the rest of the cream out.
- Revlon Colorstay - this took absolutely forever to finish and I'm so glad I finally did. This is my 2nd bottle. I do like this foundation as it provides medium coverage and lasts all day but I really detest it not having a pump.
- Maxfactor Second Skin Foundation - This is my 2nd bottle of this stuff (I have a backup to be used) as I really like this foundation. It's light so it's good for the dry skin. There's no SPF too so great for taking photos. I won't be repurchasing as I have a backup and I have a few more foundations to finish.
I have basically only been using these two foundations in 2012 in an attempt to finish it and I'm so glad they're gone! It does feel good - maybe better than buying a new lipstick!?
Simple Facial Wipes - I finish these almost every month.